ad banner

Thread: Mission Control

Default Mission Control

Most of you that know me, know that I live in Virginia. What you may not know, is that I live in Hampton, Virginia, which is the home of NASA Langley, where one of the key research centers in the space program is located - about 3 miles from here.

On July 22, 2019, two days after the 50th Anniversary of the first landing on the moon, we lost Christopher Kraft, who was one of the key people in the development of Flight Control for the space program. There is an Elementary School (one of the best schools in the area) located right around the corner from my house.

In honor of the two events, I'm watching "Mission Control" on Netflix. If you are into the space program and you haven't seen it, it's a look behind the scenes of one of the most significant programs in the history of the US, and a must see!

https://www.netflix.com/title/80175483

Been watching some of the stuff over here Robin. I remember the thing happening at the time as my son was born a month before the moon landing. Obviously back then we didn't have all the stuff around today. I'll take a look at the Netflix movie

Very cool! Thanks Robin!