ad banner

Thread: when did SE Angelus line get the stripped pickups?

Default when did SE Angelus line get the stripped pickups?

I just impulse bought an SE A30E, without actually looking at anything except that it was a PRS SE Acoustic. Ya see, my singer has one of the early SE Angelus Customs - with the tuner and eq.

You might imagine my surprise to see just a soundhole volume and tone control on the A30E.. What gives? Does anyone know Paul's rationale for changing pickups? It sure doesn't sound any better than the old one, and I miss the eq and tuner functions already. If it sounded better - say like a Fishman soundhole rig, I'd be ok with the change. As it is, I'm tempted to send it back.
    Jon

Too many guitars.
    Even more amps.
    Waiting for an intervention, here.

Did you pick that up as the SDOTD from MF? I noticed that difference also. I think they added the hardshell case but dropped the older electronics. I also prefer the older style and considered sending it back. I don't know whats going on with them though since they are out of stock everywhere pretty much. Maybe changing thing when the new models hit. I don't see them discontinuing this model...the only reason I am considering keeping it is not knowing when/if they will be available again. Especially at the price I paid...
    I have dealt with everyone here for the most part not a bad experience yet, you guys are great! - G