ad banner

Thread: Representing Salt Lake City!

Default Representing Salt Lake City!

Hey all: Brand new; just found out about the site yesterday from a mention at another forum.

Originally from Chicago, I cut my teeth on the Chicago Blues scene. (What a great place to grow up... back then, at least... now it's a war zone.) Hanging at all the Blues Bar, waiting all year for the annual Blues Fest... I really dug good, live music from a pretty young age. I guess it all stems from my dad. He was a corporate executive by day; extensive gigger by night. I'd tag along to his shows at a very, very young age (Sodas and Slim Jims for me), but that's story requires much more detail than an "introduction" post.

After Chicago came San Diego for 15 years. Blah. Not much of a music scene in SD. Found myself really getting into Rockabilly and Surf sounds and had to drive to Orange County to fulfill my musical needs.

Now, as of very recently, it's SLC. I haven't yet gotten a feel for the town, but it seems pretty darn cool at the surface. Presently, I'm really playing only Rock, Blues/Rock, and Classic Rock. Honestly, I'm a mediocre player (at best), but I am improving. My current rig consists of a couple of SGs, an Alvarez, and a Taylor. I play through a clean Fender Blues Junior III (soon to be with a Cannabis Rex swapped in). The effects pedals I use are by Boss, Catalinbread, Fulltone and MXR.

Really glad to be a member of the forum.

Welcome aboard! Great to have you here! Grab a big comfy chair and hang out for a while

Welcome from St. George! Glad you found us!

Welcome!
    As you walk the path of life, don't look back... something could be gaining on you.

My Gear
    My Rear

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
    Who watches over you...