ad banner

Thread: How To Change Title?

Default How To Change Title?

Do any of you guys know how to change the title of a post? I've changed a title when editing...it looks fine in the edited post but doesn't show on the main page where all of the various topics are listed. It still shows the old unedited title...the new title shows when the post is opened...

Quote Originally Posted by tonequest View Post
    Do any of you guys know how to change the title of a post? I've changed a title when editing...it looks fine in the edited post but doesn't show on the main page where all of the various topics are listed. It still shows the old unedited title...the new title shows when the post is opened...
    I don't think you can change a title of a post without deleting it and starting over.

That said, I do know how to change the title of a thread.

First off you can only change the title of a thread that you started. You can't change somebody else's thread title.

Let's use a thread that you might have in the "Yard Sale" for example.

First, click on the "Yard Sale" or whatever section you have the thread in, and locate your thread title in the list of threads in that section.

If you double click just to the right of your thread's title (not on the text itself), a text box will open with the title enclosed the text box that you can edit. After you change the title to whatever you want, click off anywhere on the page and the title change will be saved .... I think!