ad banner

Thread: Are SE Tuners Schaller or some variant of theirs?

Default Are SE Tuners Schaller or some variant of theirs?

Folks,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I could not find a thread on it so I am asking here.

Are the Tuners on a SE Soapbar II Schallers or some variant of theirs?

I wish to replace the tuner buttons with lighter material in order to lighten up the weight of the headstock? Stew-Mac has some Ebony and Pearloid-like Material replacements and I wonder if those will work.

Thanks,

Hello ~

If I'm not mistaken the Grover minis will be a direct fit replacement.

Thanks, are the Grover minis lighter than the existing ones? I do not see non metal tuning pegs for those.

Grover mini are potentially lighter than the stock tuners but not by much if at all. They do have pearloid, ebony, etc. buttons for Grover mini rotomatics, for example, http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/t...rtsbuttons.htm

I just bought some 18:1 locking tuners from the ebay seller armguitars for $19 brand new. They are chinese made and the plating isn't quite as nice as U.S. made, however they function very well and are a direct replacement for prs se tuners.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I was hoping not to replace the whole tuner...more of just replacing the buttons. I found these, but not sure if they will fit since I not sure if the existing tuners are a Schaller style design or not.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...ent_Knobs.html

Hard to say. One would think they would fit. Stew mac is pretty expensive, especially on shipping!