ad banner
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Leese Golden Eagle

Default Howard Leese Golden Eagle

Hi everyone, Ive just pulled the trigger on a Howard Leese Golden Eagle and was wondering if any one round here (Including Howie) had one & would like to show and maybe comment on?

Cheers

I had #1/100 which I got from Z a couple years ago. It now resides with a collector in Asia. Good luck...love that chunky neck!
    If I had a dollar for every rich guy with top of the line gear who can't play...... I'd be a rich guy with top of the line gear who can't play.

One of the best sounding PRSi I have ever played. Really has a terrific 80s PRS vibe. As Doc says, the chunky neck is great too.

My tech said he thought it was the best sounding PRS guitar that he had ever heard. Big, masculine tone. I have a prototype, a numbered one, which is the one I play live, and of course, the original Golden Eagle.

Thanks for taking the time to post pics & comment guys, FlameTop that’s a stunning example mate, does she get much playtime?
    Doc, you always get hold of the best ones, & number one must have been hard to part with! (BTW did you end up parting with the Krinkle)

Howie, after studying your PRS Road Show vids on youtube and reading everything I can get my hands on, there is no doubt that your Tech is spot on, this model consistently produces the goods, its a testament to those involved in creating this master piece.

Does anyone have footage of themselves playing it?

Anyhow, thank you again guys, mine is in flight as I type and the anticipation of her touching down in Oz is killing me Arhhhh
    Last edited by Semi-Hollow; 06-28-2013 at 07:47 AM.

And here I was wondering if mine was the only Golden Eagle Down Under, now I know there will at be at least one other. I have #88 of the run. Plays like butter, sounds great, exceptional but to be expected PRS build quality, resonates like a bell, versatility of sounds.....I just love it. The neck profile is without a doubt the best of any guitar I have played. I don't gig, but mine gets regular playing time. It's even acquired a couple of dings (ouch!!!!!). It's also cool to have a replica/reissue of a very significant guitar in PRS history, plus being a longtime Heart fan and having great respect for Howard's playing and musicianship meant this was one guitar I knew I had to procure by hook or by crook.

And I know all about the tense wait as it wings it's way to Oz and the interminable delay going through Customs clearance. By the way, may I ask where or who you purchased it from? I have seen 4 for sale recently via G Base, two new and two were used. One was at a very good price. PM me if you feel comfortable discussing.

Congrats on a great catch. Here are a couple of pics of mine to whet your appetite.

You can't argue with a sick mind.

Guitars & gear
    2009 PRS Howard Leese Golden Eagle #88
    2010 PRS McCarty Dallas Shootout #12
    2013 PRS P22
    1978 Hamer Sunburst
    2007 Gibson Les Paul 59RI
    2003 Gibson Les Paul 57RI
    2007 Gibson Les Paul 58RI
    1974 Gibson SG Special

Detail of the rather luxurious headstock logo.

Flame Top, your killing me....she is simply gorgeous, actually I read a 2010 review of 88/100 over on the MLPF (Actually it helped justify the decision to buy) is that you?

I hope I play mine until the dang thing looks like a well played 50’s Lester, & yeah having a piece (Well reissue) of PRS history will be a cool talking point, I too am a longtime Heart fan although it was the magic man solo that initially grabbed my attention (its still magical) it led me to discovering Howard’s talent

Re the wait.. Usually I can sit it out, but something about this one has got my blood all stirred up (Note to self, stop goggling and youtubing PRS Golden Eagle)

Ill PM you with the details …

BTW, who’s Signature accompanies Paul’s on the Head stock

Here was #1/100. To respond to an earlier post...no, it's not me who gets all the good stuff....it's Mike (Z) who does....I let him get the good stuff, and when he's tired of it he sells it to me. On the same note...yes, I still have the Red Krinkle '87 and will likely be buried with it :-)

This guitar was traded a few years ago towards a Dragon 2...which was subsequently traded (in part) towards my 1959 Maple neck strat. So, you can say that I'd never have been able to obtain my '59 Strat if not for the Golden Eagle!
    If I had a dollar for every rich guy with top of the line gear who can't play...... I'd be a rich guy with top of the line gear who can't play.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast