ad banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Mira X

Default NGD: Mira X

Picked this up today at a great price. I had it in my head that I wanted a Gibson Les Paul. Something on the lower end, special, studio, not to pricey, but with short scale and humbuckers or P90s. Went to GC to give a few a go and see what works for me. Well, as it has gone for the last 10 years, every time I try to by a Gibson, I end up with a PRS. I bought my last Les Paul in 2003, which I traded for a singlecut trem in 06.

I saw this PRS Mira X Dallas Guitar Show Ltd hanging on the wall, looked cool I tried one when they first got themI liked it, but not at $1299 then. I like it a lot more at half that. I ran it through it's paces along with the Gibsons. I like the tone of the Les Pauls, but the neck on this PRS just fits me like a glove. Feels more like Regular than the WF it's supposed to be. The 57/08 are still my favorite pick up (with 59/09 bridge a very close second). I even grabbed a few of the PRS SE guitars they had hanging on the wall in the room I was in. I like how these played better than the Les Pauls also. Sound great too. I see a Santana SE and and a Bernie Marsden SE in my near future. I like the Navarro too. Heck, I liked all the SEs I tried.

Any way, pics.

Before I freshened it up:

After:

Replaced the speed knobs with Lampshades, Dunlop strap buttons, and flipped the TRC over. Cleaned it up, fresh 10s, and set her up. Nice. I plan to put some locking tuners on (just lazy about restrings, don't need them), and do something different with the pick guard and rings. Maybe something more cream in color, not sure yet. I haven't weighed it yet, but is has to under 7lbs, very light.

Bangin'

Great guitar, congrats!

Yes yes and YES!!!!! Love the color the most... Its like it came from a studio from the late 60s early 70s. So straight forward and classy. 22 fret stop tail, light basswood body, mahogany neck = pure tonal goodness. Such a better value than a lower end gibbs or even an american production fender. Congrats on your great choice!
    IN PAUL WE TRUST

Very nice! Always like a good Mira.

Philadelphia Flyers colors.... I LOVE IT!

Sweet! Rock it in good health!

Wow!
    Thanks for the GAS! I've only ever played one of the X's, but know that they are a real treat. The asking price for a new one seems a bit high, but if I can find one used or new, but at a discounted price, this will definitely be my next guitar. Almost certainly in that color, too! Sorry, I'm a real noob, but are the 57/08's only for the Dallas Guitar show models? How do they compare with the standard Mira X pickups?

Quote Originally Posted by wproffitt View Post
    Wow!
    Thanks for the GAS! I've only ever played one of the X's, but know that they are a real treat. The asking price for a new one seems a bit high, but if I can find one used or new, but at a discounted price, this will definitely be my next guitar. Almost certainly in that color, too! Sorry, I'm a real noob, but are the 57/08's only for the Dallas Guitar show models? How do they compare with the standard Mira X pickups?
    The 57/08s were only on the Dallas GS models. The standard set up is Mira pickups, which are uncovered 245 pickups if I'm remembering correctly. The 57/08s are low output PAF style. The Mira and 245 pups will be higher output, still nice and articulate. I really like the 245s also.

I'm really starting to bond with this one. The tone is so open and articulate, even with high gain.

Full Rig Shot

Thanks for the info, DucMike! Yeah, that guitar's a real looker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast